- This event has passed.
Willis Towers Watson – Investment Trustee Training
Thursday 11 April @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course is designed to give delegates a deeper understanding of a range of investment issues that apply to both DB and DC pension schemes.
In the morning session delegates will explore:
- Trustee investment responsibilities and governance matters across UK pension funds, including the importance of applying investment beliefs in investment strategy.
- Characteristics of mainstream and alternative asset classes for UK pension funds that currently feature in portfolios and board meetings of UK pension funds.
In the afternoon we will explore the investment issues relating to DB and DC arrangements. Delegates should indicate on application their focus is on DB schemes, DC schemes or both and we will accommodate these preferences as far as is practical.
- Use of asset liability modelling and risk budgeting techniques to make decisions about long-term strategy and risk management.
- A high-level introduction to liability matching investment strategies and the objectives of such strategies.
- Approach to reviewing and designing default investment strategies in line with TPR’s quality features set out in the Code of Practice.
- The impact of the new retirement flexibilities on member behaviour and the implications this has for investment solutions.
Delegates will also enjoy the opportunity of meeting trustees
from other pension schemes and discussing general topics in
pension risk management with the presenters.
The cost of this full-day course is £300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).
Delegates who book onto both the 6 November 2019 Introductory DB and 7 November 2019 Investment courses can attend both for a discounted cost of £250 +VAT each (i.e. £500 + VAT for both).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at trustees of DB or DC schemes who are looking to develop their knowledge of their scheme’s investment decisions.