Supporting the association
Many thanks to our service sponsors...
OPDU protects pension schemes by providing unique Pension Trustee Liability Insurance cover to trustees, administrators and sponsoring employers. Members of OPDU have approximately £210 billion fund assets in trust and over 800 schemes insured.
OPDU is a subsidiary of Thomas Miller & Co. Ltd, the world's leading independent manager of mutual insurance companies, including schemes for professionals such as barristers, solicitors and patent agents.
We aim to be a strong, visible regulator so that we build people's confidence in pensions.
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is the public body that protects workplace pensions in the UK. We work with employers and those running pensions so that people can save safely for their retirement.
We are responsible for:
- making sure employers put their staff into a pension scheme and pay money into it (known as ‘automatic enrolment’)
- protecting people’s savings in workplace pensions
- improving the way that workplace pension schemes are run
- reducing the risk of pension schemes ending up in the Pension Protection Fund (PPF)
- making sure employers balance the needs of their defined benefit pension scheme with growing their business
Comments are closed.