ASSOCIATION OF MEMBER NOMINATED TRUSTEES: 22 NOVEMBER 2016
Balance of power? Who actually runs pension schemes? Trustees, employers or advisers?
Willis Towers Watson: 71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6TP
10.00am - Introduction and welcome: David Weeks: Co-Chair, AMNT:
10.15 - Jack Jones Editor - Engaged Investor and Pensions Insight
10.50 - Willis Towers Watson:
“Empowering trustees through technology” Looking at ways technology can assist trustees with their key roles and responsibilities.
11.35 - Coffee and networking
11.50 - Janice Turner, Co-Chair, and Robin Bell, Committee Member, AMNT:
Red Line Initiative: how it relates to all pension schemes: Interactive session, based on AMNT survey of members
12.20 - Breakout session 1: Choice of three groups:
- Smaller schemes: do they face particular challenges?
- DC schemes: current concerns: Investment; governance; contribution levels
- The Pensions Regulator: Trustee Toolkit: Balance of power module
13.05 - Lunch and networking
13.50 - Breakout session 2: Choice of three groups:
- Trustees and the possibility of default?
- Pension scheme valuation methods
- Empowering trustees through social media
14.35 - Breakout sessions 1 and 2: Reporting back
15.05 - Michelle Cracknell: Chief Executive: The Pensions Advisory Service: TPAS:
“Balance of power? Don't forget the scheme members!”
15.35 - Coffee and networking
15.50 - Lesley Williams: Chair: Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association: PLSA:
“Power in capable hands “
16.20 - Panel discussion: questions and comments: Topical issues in the balance of power
- Lee Hollingworth: Hymans Robertson: DC pension scheme investment and governance
- Keith Wallace: Pensions Institute: author of “Milking and Dumping: the devices businesses use to exploit surpluses and shed deficits in their pension schemes”: a Pensions Institute discussion paper for DB trustees
- Malcolm McLean OBE: Senior Consultant, Barnett Waddingham; former Chief Executive, The Pensions Advisory Services: State pensions and private pensions
17.05 - Drinks and canapes with hosts Willis Towers Watson
Click here to register interest