Willis Towers Watson – Investment Trustee Training
Wednesday 4 November @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course is designed to give delegates a deeper understanding of a range of investment issues that apply to both DB and DC pension schemes.
In the morning session delegates will explore:
- Trustee investment responsibilities and governance matters across UK pension funds, including the importance of applying investment beliefs in investment strategy.
- Characteristics of mainstream and alternative asset classes for UK pension funds that currently feature in portfolios and board meetings of UK pension funds.
In the afternoon we will explore the investment issues relating to DB and DC arrangements. Delegates should indicate whether on application their focus is on DB schemes, DC schemes or both and we will accommodate these preferences as far as is practical.
- Use of asset liability modelling and risk budgeting techniques to make decisions about long-term strategy and risk management.
- A high-level introduction to liability matching investment strategies and the objectives of such strategies.
- Approach to reviewing and designing default investment strategies in line with TPR’s quality features set out in the Code of Practice.
- The impact of the new retirement flexibilities on member behaviour and the implications this has for investment solutions.
Delegates will also enjoy the opportunity of meeting trustees from other pension schemes and discussing general topics in pension risk management with the presenters.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at trustees of DB or DC schemes who are looking to develop their knowledge of their scheme’s investment decisions.
The cost of this full-day course is £300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).
The London Investment Trustee Training courses are held the day after an Introductory DB course. Delegates who book onto both can attend for a discounted cost of £250 +VAT each (i.e. £500 + VAT for both). Please email Helena Jackson at email@example.com to book at the discounted rate.