- This event has passed.
Willis Towers Watson – Introductory DB Trustee Training
Tuesday 5 February, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course is designed for those new to trusteeship and provides a participative environment in which trustees are able to explore the challenges they face with their peers and leading members of the Willis Towers Watson team.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
An introduction to trusteeship – covering the basics of:
- What a trust is
- Duties, powers and responsibilities of trustees
- Member options
- Scheme governance and management
An introduction to funding – covering the basics of:
- How a DB pension scheme works
- Actuarial valuations
- Interaction with TPR and the Pension Protection Fund
An introduction to investment matters – covering the basics of:
- The trustee’s role in investments for DB schemes
- Types of assets
- Setting investment strategy
- De-risking and liability management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for new DB scheme trustees (or those new to working with trustees) seeking a basic overview and a solid grounding for subsequent bespoke training.
The cost of this full-day course is £300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).