- This event has passed.
Willis Towers Watson –
Thursday 19 September @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course is designed for those new to trusteeship and provides a participative environment in which trustees are able to explore the challenges they face with their peers and leading members of the Willis Towers Watson team.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES:
An introduction to trusteeship – covering the basics of:
- What a trust is
- Duties, powers and responsibilities of trustees
- Member options
- Scheme governance and management
An introduction to funding – covering the basics of:
- How a DB pension scheme works
- Actuarial valuations
- Interaction with TPR and the Pension Protection Fund
An introduction to investment matters – covering the basics of:
- The trustee’s role in investments for DB schemes
- Types of assets
- Setting investment strategy
- De-risking and liability management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for new DB scheme trustees (or those new to working with trustees) seeking a basic overview and a solid grounding for subsequent bespoke training.
The cost of this full-day course is £300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).