Willis Towers Watson – Introductory Defined Benefit Trustee Training
Thursday 17 September @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course is designed for those new to trusteeship for DB pension schemes. It provides an open and interactive environment in which trustees can explore their role with their peers and leading members of the Willis Towers Watson team.
This course includes:
An introduction to trusteeship – covering the basics of:
- What a trust is
- Duties, powers and responsibilities of trustees
- Member options
- Scheme governance and management
An introduction to funding – covering the basics of:
- How a DB pension scheme works
- Actuarial valuations
- Interaction with the Pensions Regulator and the Pension Protection Fund
An introduction to investment matters – covering the basics of:
- The trustee’s role in investments for DB schemes
- Types of assets
- Setting investment strategy
- De-risking and liability management
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new DB scheme trustees (or those new to working with trustees) seeking a basic overview and a solid grounding.
The cost of this full-day course is £300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).
The London Investment Trustee Training courses are held the day after an Introductory DB course. Delegates who book onto both can attend for a discounted cost of £250 +VAT each (i.e. £500 + VAT for both).
Please email Helena Jackson at email@example.com to book at the discounted rate.