- This event has passed.
CAPITA – BRISTOL DAY 1 – Focused Trustee Training for Defined Benefit schemes
Tuesday 19 April, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£395
The Pensions Regulator requires trustees to have the appropriate knowledge and understanding of the principles relating to the suitability of different asset classes to meet liabilities, taking account of the strength of the employer covenant and the trustees’ risk profile.
Our focused two-day training course is designed for trustees – or anyone involved with running pension schemes – who have a basic understanding but want to know more about developing an asset allocation strategy appropriate to a scheme’s liabilities and the trustees’ investment objectives and appetite for risk.
- the nature of pension scheme liabilities and scheme funding
- the process of choosing the assumptions to be adopted for each valuation
- risk assessment and special situations
- establishing investment objectives and asset allocation strategy
- managing and monitoring investment risk
- liability driven and alternative investments
- strategies for de-risking including:
- - identifying the risks
- - the impact of scheme benefit design
- - risk reduction exercises
- - expense management
- - How to be ‘buy-out ready’
Although the course is designed to take trustees towards meeting the Regulator’s expectations regarding funding and investment, because of the specialist nature of some of the strategies that are covered, further training would be required before the full scope of the Regulator’s requirements may be met. Capita is able to arrange further in-depth training as required on any of the strategies that are covered.
Day 2 is on 10th May 2016