- This event has passed.
Breakfast Seminar – Risk of Ruin
Wednesday 16 August, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
On Wednesday, 16 August we will be hosting a seminar to follow up the launch of "Risk of Ruin". Our “Risk of Ruin” tool measures the probability of a scheme failing to provide member benefits in full taking account of the sponsor covenant, the funding approach and the investment strategy. The “Risk of Ruin” provides a single measure by which trustees and sponsors can understand the integration of covenant, investment and funding risks relevant to their pension schemes.
At the seminar we will explain the “Risk of Ruin” concept and walk through some of the interesting (and sometimes counter-intuitive) findings from our research. This will include:
- Why insolvency of the sponsor is the major issue for scheme members;
- How affordability constraints can have a significant impact on the “Risk of Ruin”;
- Why increasing prudence is not always the best answer to a weakening covenant;
- The effectiveness of lump sum contributions; and
- The powerful impact of contingent assets.
The Seminar will be hosted by the authors of the Risk of Ruin research report.
You can learn more about our research on www.riskofruin.co.uk
If you would like to attend, please respond using the button above, or alternatively via our website.