- This event has passed.
Barnett Waddingham: DC pensions virtual training – 15th & 16th September over 2 half days
Wednesday 15 September @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm£125
Our virtual DC training course provides solid training for all those involved in DC pension arrangements, whether you are a trustee or an employer, helping you achieve positive outcomes for scheme members.
The training provides a thorough grounding in pension matters. It’s ideal for those who are new to pensions as well as those seeking a reminder or update on topical issues.
You’ll learn about the ongoing governance and operation of schemes and, if you are a trustee, develop the knowledge to complete TPR’s Trustee toolkit with confidence.
The five hour course is split over two days and will cover both of the sessions below. .
Session One: Framework for a well run scheme
15 September 2021 | 9.30-12.00
- Scheme documentation – compliance vs best practice and consideration of the following: Trust Deed and Rules, Statement of Investment Principles, Risk Registers, Chair’s Statement
- Pension legislation and DC requirements including Value for Member and the Regulator’s Code of Practice
- Consideration of the DWP’s consultation on improving outcomes for DC pension schemes, the potential path to consolidation under master trusts and the advantages and disadvantages of this
- Focus on technical elements – new legislation changes, DC discharge/scheme wind-up and asset transition (key considerations and potential pitfalls)
- The impact of Covid-19 on pensions, including contributions
Session Two: Delivering positive outcomes
16 September 2021 | 9.30-12.00
- At-retirement – flexibilities and usage, advice and guidance options.
- Investments – defaults (including tailoring to a membership), interaction with at-retirement including retirement pathways and Environmental, Social and Governance considerations
- Administration / provider solutions – roles and responsibilities, delivering for stakeholders (including setting and reviewing service level agreements), market developments including master trusts
- Communication and Engagement – how to communicate to drive engagement and education
Cost is for Day 1 & Day 2