With an increased focus from The Pensions Regulator on governance standards, it is essential for trustees to have suitable and regular training.
Our comprehensive training programme effectively guides trustees, who are responsible for managing defined benefit (DB) pension schemes, through the fundamental issues highlighted in The Pensions Regulator’s ‘Scope Guidance’.
This one-day course provides both new trustees, and those seeking a reminder, a thorough grounding in pensions matters - and the knowledge to complete The Pensions Regulator’s Trustee Toolkit with confidence.
The topics covered include:
- The ‘trustee knowledge and understanding’ requirements
- The UK current pensions landscape and key regulatory changes
- An introduction to funding and investment principles
- The scheme funding regime, including The Pensions Regulator’s DB funding code of practice
- The Pensions Regulator’s powers and guidance
- Trustee obligations and powers