This course includes:
An introduction to trusteeship, covering the basics of:
- What a trust is
- Duties, powers and responsibilities of trustees
- Managing conflicts of interest
- Scheme management
An introduction to pensions, covering the basics of:
- How a defined benefit (DB) pension scheme works
- Funding DB pension schemes
- How a defined contribution (DC) pension scheme works
- Risks and choices faced by DC scheme members
An introduction to investment matters, covering the basics of:
- The trustees role in investments for DB and DC schemes
- Types of assets
- Setting investment strategy
- Selecting fund managers
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new trustees (or those new to working with trustees) seeking a basic overview and a solid grounding for subsequent bespoke training.
The cost of this full-day course is Â£300 + VAT (including breakfast and lunch).
Please click here for the latest Trustee Training brochure.